Monday, March 11, 2013

Sketchy

Hey!
Good morning!
I thought I would share the post I had up on the CK blog last week here on my own blog today.
(and if you were one of those kind people who left a comment for me over on the CK blog, see the post below please)
*****
I always love the "CK Sketches" article in each issue.
I do love a good sketch!
So I thought it would be fun to make something with the sketch in the March/April issue.



There is a twist though: I only used the right side of the sketch!
Sketches for 2-page layouts are really 3 sketches in 1!
Using just the right-hand page of the sketch, here is the layout I made:


I must admit to stealing the title of this layout from another layout I have in this issue.


What can I say?
I had a bit of “title-ers block” when making this page!


I thought the circles on this sketch would be a good way to make me branch out a little bit.
And I was right!
I put my circle punches to good use here.
I used a 3″ circle punch to crop the 3 photos.
Then I used a 1″ circle punch to create the scalloped border across the page.


One more fun thing on this layout…
See the “sweet memories are woven with good times” border?


Well, I actually cut that from the strip on the bottom of a sheet of patterned paper that holds the bar code.
This particular patterned paper is from Close to My Heart.
It’s like they didn’t want me to waste a single bit of their pretty paper!
Lots of companies are doing this now too, so don’t just throw that strip away after you cut it off!
See if you can use it!
*****
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great Monday!
:)
gretchen

2 comments:

Janna Davis said...

LOVE it!!! Fun times! You need to make me a duplicate!

Roy K said...

Great post, much appreciate the time you took to write this