Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I am way behind on this one but maybe it is because it highlights one of my many quirks. Ha!
This one is called The Girl Next Door and it is on sale now!
I have made another one of these layouts using the December Scripts kit to hold my 2008 cards & I will be posting it along with easy instructions over on the MMM blog later this week.
I will be sure to link it up here too though.
Here's another one with The Girl Next Door collection.
I dug up some old pictures for this one.
Notice the date: 1997.
Don't be jealous of my chubby cheeks.
If you are in need of some crafty Christmas inspiration, be sure to be checking out the MMM blog this month.
We have been posting all kinds of fun stuff!
Here's a little peek of a notebook I made to keep up with all my Christmas shopping.
I used the December Scripts kit for this and you can see the whole thing here: MMM blog (you may have to scroll down a few posts to get to the notebook).
OK that catches me up for a bit.
Have a great day!
True fans get really excited to find a 48" flatscreen TV with HD inside a dark, quiet room filled with comfy padded chairs and all the snacks & drinks they could ever eat just a few yards away.
True fans are pleased with the season that went much better than expected.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
1. Thanksgiving was yummy and fun. Had my parents and Stuart at my house Wednesday night then drove to Chattanooga to spend some time with Lee's dad and brother. All leftovers have either been eaten or properly disposed of.
2. I did no Black Friday shopping. But I did brave Sears on Saturday where I walked around the tools/hardware/guy crap section looking like a fish out of water I am sure all to save like $10 on a couple of things that I really have no idea what they even are & hope to never use myself.
3. I am still running. Stuck at 16 miles and battling a bit of knee pain (but only on long runs really). I might have to do something drastic like give up Dr. Pepper completely until I get to 20. Geez, B, you are putting pressure on me.
4. Uh, the marathon is in like 5 weeks. crap.
5. ROOOOOOLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!
6. Bye, bye Tommy.
7. I have been scrapping. Will share more later. But I did post this little tag album I made last year (or maybe it was the year before) over on the MMM blog.
8. I am sleepy. And I am trying to get more sleep lately. But only until January 11-then I will go back to my night-owlish ways. It is interfering with my scrapping time.
Monday, November 24, 2008
The rest of the week looks to be crazy which means I do not know when I will be able to update this ole blog again (and I am trying to be better-like 2 updates a week-yay me!).
So instead of unloading the groceries I just bought or moving clothes from the washer to the dryer since I just heard the washer buzz or cleaning up around here since the 'rents are coming tomorrow, I am choosing to update you with some things going on in the scrapbooking world.
Next order of business: Last Friday's "Focus On" over at the KI blog.
Final order of business: I have another post up at the MMM blog.
And because I know you will go look if I mention it, I posted a layout with my brothers in it over there.
Check back there after Thanksgiving too if you are in need of some Christmas inspiration!
We have a bunch of Christmas stuff planned for the month of December.
And I got my hands on the hot December Scripts kit that I plan to be making a bunch of stuff out of!
Happy Thanksgiving friends!
Eat lots of turkey (& green bean casserole!).
Thursday, November 20, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love to wrap, preferably while watching a Christmas movie.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real all the way. Bring on the mess!
3. When do you put up the tree? The day or 2 after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year's...but the first time we got a real tree a few years ago, we left it up until well into February because we didn't know what to do with it. And in Alabama that is normal.
5. Do you like eggnog? Are you kidding? Drinkable eggs. Never.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my cabbage patch doll or a scooter.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad and Lee's dad
8. Easiest person to buy for? Lee...the guy has a million hobbies. And when in doubt, I can still walk down the toy aisle and find him something.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? If I sent some I would send them via snail mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I hate to put these gifts in the "worst" category but my grandparents on my dad's side are notorious for awful gifts. Like, I got a sweatshirt once that said "World's Greatest Dad." And I got some granny panties. And my brothers were still getting Micro Machines well into high school. They may have given bad gifts but they did leave us with hilarious stories that we will be telling forever. I see a scrapbook page in the making.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after Thanksgiving but I have already done a little this year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I am sure I have but I can't remember specifics. Oh wait! Those granny panties ended up at a couple of lingerie showers. hehehehe!!!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Green bean casserole
16. Lights on the tree? Big tree in colorful lights; small tree in white
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Usually travel
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Doubt it
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the needing to be in 100 places at the same time
23. What theme or color are you using? green and red
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? we do a repeat of Thanksgiving dinner with ham instead of turkey usually
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Good grief I would love a 12x12 scanner. But I do not think they exist for a reasonable price. I have wanted one for years. Realistically, I would like some new dishes. How boring am I!!?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
My challenge to you is simple: make a 2-pager!
This is the layout I made for it. Ahh, I love good product.
Link me up to your layout in the comments here or on the KI blog because I want to see what you can make!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Here is another one using the Night Owl collection.
The layout is nothing outstanding but I really wanted to document some thoughts about this year's election.
I know I have more to talk about but that will have to be for another post, sooner rather than later hopefully.
Katie has tagged me so I need to do that.
Katie, Virginia, Brittney, and I had a booth at the craft bazaar at Virginia's church yesterday & I've got a couple of leftover items that I might try to pimp out here.
Tomorrow is my day to do the the challenge over on the KI blog so I will be sure to share that here also.
Oh I do have another post up here so check it out.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
- 3 glitter die cut stars (for Christmas layout)
Thursday, November 6, 2008
These are my projects this month for My Little Shoebox.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Alabama beat Tennessee...badly.
Man, I still love being a part of this team!
And rarer still is seeing 2 of these nearly extinct creatures on the same day (with a camera handy!).
Normally mysterious and elusive, the Alabamable Snowman came out of hiding on this January morning
His appearance was as quick as it was rare and with a slight increase in temperature the hairy creature was gone.
But not without leaving the citizens of this town captivated by his presence.
I used the new KI glitter lace cardstock on this layout along with KI cardstock stickers, hip chip label holder & alphabet letters (I peeled off the pattern on some of the letters & painted them the color I wanted), and good ole brads.
That's all I've got!
Have a great week!
Monday, October 20, 2008
When I heard about all the goodness going into the October kit, I jumped at the chance.
Good stuff, I tell ya!
I could not resist trying it on this card with the tulle from the kit!__________________________________________
And check it out: Scripts is open for new subscribers now!
And if you subscribe, Lucy will throw in the September or October kit for free.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
But because my employer took my weekend away from me, I am playing catch up this week.
I am here but with nothing too interesting to discuss at the moment.
Do check it out...it is more interesting than this one!
Saturday, October 11, 2008
It is a little Halloween door hanger that I made using the October Scripts kit.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
So check it out and come play with us!
But he has not won a race at this super speedway since 2004.
And it is time for me to come clean.
Lee and I started going to races in the spring of 2005.
We have been to 7 of the last 8 races.
In 2 of those races Jr. wrecked (not either his fault, please note) and in another 2 races he blew an engine (stupid DEI).
His highest finished has been 7th and that was in the race we missed.
I hate that it has come to this but it feels good to get it off my chest.
My sincerest apologies to all of my fellow loyal Jr. fans.
I must just make him nervous.