Saturday, December 6, 2008

Can I get a ROLL TIDE!?!!

I think it only appropriate that today I share my latest contribution to the KI gallery and then ask for a favor.
Today is a big day: SEC championship game in the Georgia Dome against a hot Florida team. And I am not just referring to Tebow-the whole team is on fire right now.
Every game Lee has watched wearing a new crimson t-shirt while sitting on our upstairs couch.
And he has become ridiculously superstitious about it this year. See layout journaling.
Well today of all days is his grandmother's 85th birthday and the family is celebrating with her in her hometown just south of Atlanta.
And we will be there also.
Which means that we will not be wearing our crimson t-shirts while sitting on our upstairs couch to watch the game.
Oh, horror.
So I please ask that all Alabama fans cheer extra loudly, wave an extra flag or pom pom, cross another finger...whatever it takes to make up for what the McElveens will not be able to contribute today.
If they lose, we will take full responsibility.
ROLL TIDE!
**Please note: Lee did test the theory a little bit during last Saturday's game by wearing a sweatshirt over his crimson t-shirt and watching part of the game from our bedroom rather than the couch. So maybe there is hope after all.**

8 comments:

Lisa said...

RTR!! jason and i are also pretty superstitious. he wore the same shirt for every game until the second game in november - and we still won, so there's hope we'll make it through today without ya'll on your couch. i also wear the same alabama bracelet each week. jason has to have his little alabama football out, too. the bad news is he'll be in school all day today and miss most of the game!! and yes, we think nick's worth every penny, too - jason has a man crush on him!! :)

leateach said...

Roll Tide Roll!! I will be watching the game too! :)

joscelyne cutchens said...

Rooooooooooooooooooll Tide! :)
what a cute layout and story...

Unknown said...

You get a Roll Tide from me. The game is over now and I just watched Nick Saban' press conference. The guy looked like he was going to cry. Just wait till next year!

Just call me "B" said...

Well, Scott says he holds you and Lee completely responsible! I mean, you chose an 85th bday party OVER the Alabama Game and all superstitious activities!

How dare you!

Oh, well! All is well!

RooooooooooLLLLLLLLL Tide! Anyways!

lucysinspired said...

I have to agree with Scott and Brittney!

I mean, really, please do not ever go to a birthday party over sitting on the upstairs couch and wearing a crimson shirt.

I will tell Connor to tell Nick Saban what happened. He's on his way to the football banquet. Lee may be completely banned from ever watching another game!

I hope you have no plans for Jan. 2nd and any saturday in the fall of 2009.

haha...roll tide!

jenney said...

LOL Well I guess it's all ya'lls fault that AL lost last weekend, huh? Well, we can watch them play in New Orleans, I guess. =)

Danielle Flanders said...

OK this is funny! My husband's father has to watch the Giants with a particular shirt as well! =)