Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A challenge and a tag

So I have this week's challenge over on the KI blog.
My challenge to you is simple: make a 2-pager!
This is the layout I made for it. Ahh, I love good product.

So grab your favorite KI products and play along with us if you are so inclined.
Link me up to your layout in the comments here or on the KI blog because I want to see what you can make!
_______________________________________________
In other news, Katie tagged me last week to tell 6 random things about myself.
Ha! These are always funny...
1. I go cheap when it comes to make up: Covergirl from Wal-mart. One of these days I am going to break down and get some real make-up from Clinique or something. I have been saying that for years.
2. I love candles. They are all over my house. They are my go to home decor item. But I do not like vanilla scented ones.
3. I learned what EPCOT stands for & want autism is by reading the Babysitters Club books growing up. Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow thank you very much.
4. I met Lee at a college retreat in Gatlinburg one Christmas after spending the entire summer before on the same beach project in Panama City with him. The only thing he remembers about me from that summer was that I was the girl who had to go home for a little while because she got mono. The only thing I remember about him was he was the guy in the pool making fun of the book we were supposed to be reading that summer while I was reading that very book in a chair next to the pool. It is a wonder we ever got together.
5. Excellent sweet-craving fix: open a box of brownie mix or muffin mix; pour some of the mix into a cup; add water to desired consistency; indulge. Delicious.
6. Contrary to what you may now think about my cooking skills due to info in #5, I am always in charge of the dressing (aka "stuffing" if you are not from the South) at Thanksgiving and Christmas. And that too is delicious thanks to my Mimi's recipe.
________________________________________________

Have a great day!
gretchen

6 comments:

Virginia said...

I SO remember that Babysitter's Club story! Crazy! Hehe

Mmmm brownie mix sounds so good.

I'm glad you have candles, just in case of a black out when you're scrapping. ;)

Tina said...

"I'm glad you have candles, just in case of a black out when you're scrapping. ;)" After reading Virginia's comment, I thought "Hmm how could one use candle wax on a LO." Something is wrong there!

The brownie in a cup with water I don't know about but invite me for dressing ANYTIME!

Just call me "B" said...

Ok, EPCOT........duh! You should already know that!

And, the brownie mix, that sounds delish! We just usually mix it as directed and then enjoy......before baking!!!

And, by the way, I LOVE the layout!

erin said...

just saw your lo on ki's blog. i just might get to that challenge this week. congrats- it is very cute:)

Katie Burnett said...

Props on knowing what EPCOT means. Yes, those candles could come in handy, but nothing beats the awesome flashlight I have at my house! I love it that Lee remembers you because you got Mono. Who were you kissing G?

jenney said...

LOL about the BSC books. I used to read them too but I don't remember the EPCOT or Autism stories. Hmm...