Sunday, August 17, 2008

In my dreams I used to be a Kenyan.

Now I am a 38-year-old Romanian!
This is Constantina Tomescu-Dita who is the winner of the marathon in Beijing in a mere 2 & 1/2 hours.
How awesome is she!

I mean I would like to just finish a marathon in twice her time.
Is that too much to ask??!!!
I am 8 years younger than her for pete's sake!
___________________________________________________________________
Anybody interested in a Christmas scrapbooking event??
Check it out: Wrappers Delight
November 6-8, 2008 in Birmingham, AL
It will be a fabulous event filled with classes, make 'n takes, & cropping all with a Christmas theme!!
I do hope you will check it out!
___________________________________________________________________

I will leave you with a couple of layouts I did last weekend.
I am playing catch-up & trying to get some older-ish pictures scrapped.
Both of these layouts are from the Scrapbooker of the Year banquet last year.
(yes, I am definitely name dropping!)
Right now my single favorite product are the Thickers I used on both of these layouts.
They are the glittery LAX font and I did raid Scrap Etc. of all colors!
That's all folks-short & sweet!
Have a great week!
gretchen

10 comments:

Katie Burnett said...

Great Lo's G. Hey, I just dream of being able to run like you and Brittney so at least you aren't at the bottom of the running heap.

Lisa said...

yeah for glittery thickers!! cute layouts!! and yeah - i walk to the mailbox - not run. jason actually asked me last night if i've ever EVER ran in my life. so i'm below katie in the running heap!!

Just call me "B" said...

Super cute LO's. You know you are snobbing it up with all those pics!

Kenyan, schmeenyan!

Anonymous said...

Great layouts! I love the patterned paper. I sometimes have trouble figuring out how to use patterned paper as the background of a layout and keep it from looking cluttery(I am a new scrapbooker). I am going to have to use these as inspiration!

Anonymous said...

hey! great layouts!!! and wasn't the marathon amazing?! congrats on your MM pubs - nice to share a page with you! :)

erin said...

congratulations on your pubs:)
did i already leave a comment here tonight? LOL.
it was a looong day. can u tell?

Kathleen Taylor said...

I wish I could run a marathon. I can't even keep up with the 3 kids. LOL Love the layouts! I love thickers too.

Virginia said...

Love it all... you are da bomb diggity.

Latrice said...

Hey Gretchen!! Congrats on MMM 09!! I'm so jealous of you right now. I don't think I'll ever win a contest. Enjoy it girly.

Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen, just popped in to say CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Well done :)