Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The newest issue of
CK's Scrapbooking Tips & Tricks: Tools & Techniques
went on sale today.
And I have a fun project in there!
They asked me to make my own album with some kind of interesting binding to hold it all together.
This is what I made.
Supplies: Patterned paper (KI Memories, Making Memories), Chipboard numbers (Prima), Chipboard embellishments (KI Memories), Ribbon (American Crafts), Die cut scalloped square (Making Memories Slice), Crackle paint (Ranger), Corner rounder (Zutter), Hole punch (Crop-a-dile from We R Memory Keepers), Misc (small jump rings, raw chipboard sheets)

I am really quite simple-minded when it comes to scrapbooking.
I don't use a lot of fancy techniques or anything.
If it takes much time & effort, I am probably not going to do it.
Simple-minded is a nice way to put it.
Really I am just lazy!
{ha!}
That being said, you should not be surprised that this album is very simple.
I just painted some raw chipboard with Tim Holtz crackle paint, punched holes
in it with my Crop-a-dile,
and then tied some ribbon through it.
Voila!

Check your local scrapbook store or places like Hobby Lobby, Michaels, & Joann's for raw chipboard sheets.
Most of the scrapbooking paper they sell probably comes with a sheet of raw chipboard on the bottom.
Alot of times they just throw this stuff away and may give it to you for free.
They don't know how valuable it can be!
:)
I used my handy dandy Slice to cut the scalloped square for my title.
I covered the inside of both front and back covers with patterned paper.
Supplies: Patterned paper (KI Memories)

The inside is filled with 8 1/2 x 11 page protectors.
And I used tiny jump rings to hang some chipboard tags & embellishments from the bow.
Want to see a layout in the album??
OK, twist my arm...
Supplies: Patterned paper (My Mind's Eye-background, October Afternoon-flowers, SEI-"sand", Basic Grey-"leaves", Crate Paper-"coconuts"), Chipboard alphabet (KI Memories), Alphabet stickers (KI Memories), Bling (Little Yellow Bicycle), Pen (American Crafts), Misc (corrugated cardboard)

That layout did not make it into the magazine so bonus for actually reading all the way to the end of this post!!
Now go get a copy of the magazine for yourself!
:)
Tomorrow is my Friday.
boo-yah!!
:)
gretchen

No comments: