Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Birthday cards!!

Are you in need of any birthday card ideas??
Because I've been a birthday-card-making-fool lately and I've got some to share today!
And it never hurts to have a few extra birthday cards lying around!
*****
To make this first card, I pulled out a 1" circle punch and some Bella Blvd Birthday Girl scraps I had left over from another project.
I punched a bunch of circles and then used them to create scalloped borders along the right and left sides of the card.
The middle of the card is actually a sticker from the Birthday Girl Just Write Journaling Stickers.


I added "friend" to the sticker with blue alphabet stickers (Bella's Hive Five Alphabets).

OK you know that I cannot get enough of the cute hippo on the Birthday Girl Cute Cuts sheet, right?!
Well I actually used the other side of the Cute Cuts sheet on another project and, unknowingly, cut the poor hippo in half.
Horror of horrors! :)
But I could just not let it go unused!
So I used what was left of the poor hippo to make it look like it is peeking out of the card to send some birthday greetings!



FYI: the green patterned paper here is actually from the Birthday Boy line from Bella Blvd.
It coordinates perfectly with the little bits of green in the Birthday Girl line!


OK that's all I've got for now!!
Have an awesome day!
:)
gretchen

No comments: