Saturday, August 21, 2010

It still works!

It's a technology miracle!
So I left my ipod Shuffle + earphones on top of my car after running at the park.
I heard them slide off the car after turning onto busy road at rush hour.
Frantically I turned around & drove back only to watch several cars drive over them.
I said to heck with it, turned back around & headed home.
But I thought about it a minute & figured that surely it was not smart to leave $75 laying in the middle of the road without at least trying to save it.
{plus it was a gift from Lee}
So I turned around again.
I saw more cars drive right over my pretty pink Shuffle.
I parked my car in a lot next to the busy road full of cars.
I waited all sweaty on the side of the road for a break in traffic.
I watched more cars run over the pretty pink Shuffle.
As soon as a break in traffic came, I darted into road.
I grabbed my Shuffle.
The earphones were farther away & flattened for sure.
There was no saving them.
The Shuffle looked a little battered but not flattened.


I tried a different pair of earphones.
And it still works like a charm!
{photo in road for visual effects only. i might be a crazy scrapbooker but i am not dumb enough to risk my life in traffic to get my Shuffle AND take a picture of that. no way jose! i just took this one in the road by my house. you know, perfectly safe!
kids: do not try this at home.}

It was a sure sign that this weekend is going to be fabulous!
I hope yours is also!
:)
gretchen

*****
THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO CAME OUT FOR MY CLASS THIS AFTERNOON AT SCRAPBOOK MANIA!!
IT WAS FUN!!
*****

1 comment:

Amy L said...

Thank goodness! I hope you had a great weekend!