Friday, September 26, 2008

Sharing

Well once again I have been a big ole slacker when it comes to updating this blog.
I have got to do better!
But if you like seeing layouts, then maybe you won't mind because my lack of posting means I've got lots of layouts saved up to share!
Wanna see??
These next few things are my My Little Shoebox projects for September.
This layout is about our herb garden and me not knowing what the heck to do with all those herbs!
(Click on the layout to make it larger & you can read the journaling.)

This is just a fun little gift bag that I made from an Accucut die.

This is a card that I also posted over on the Memory Makers Masters blog last week using more My Little Shoebox products and the new Dymo label maker (new and improved, I might add!).
(on a sidenote...maybe the reason why I am having such a hard time maintaining this blog is because I am actually having to keep up with 2 blogs! AH HA! See, I am also posting over on the Masters blog once a week. So if I am scarce here, look for me over there!)

OK back to the layouts.

Here are a couple of layouts using my September Scripts kit from Scrap Etc.
This is me and B working toward our goal of the Disney marathon!

My dad and Stuart made a trip up to Boston over Labor Day to visit David.
Apparently no girls were invited...all I got was pictures.
Hmmrppf.
I keep trying to add stuff to this layout because it just seems too plain and not my favorite thing I have ever made.
But then I remember that my brothers are on it and that nobody will see anything else so I just leave it alone.

A crazy thing happened since I last updated.
I am now a part of the KI Memories design team!
Craziness!!
I am not exactly sure how my name snuck onto that list, but I am afraid to ask for fear they might take me off of it!
This is my first official layout for the team...and it was late.
Dang!
It for the "focus on..." challenge on the KI blog but I sent it in a few hours too late
So you get an exclusive look at it here instead! HA!
I used one of the new sheer delights as the background but this scan does not do it justice (it has cute scalloped edges that you can see if you look really hard).
Thanks to Virginia for this picture. :)
And one more thing before I go...who is coming to Birmingham November 7-8 for Wrapper's Delight??
If you are already signed up, you are going to thoroughly enjoy yourself and crop to your heart's content!!
If you are not signed up, you need to seriously look into making the trip!
It is going to be a blast!
I am so excited that My Mind's Eye, My Little Shoebox, and American Crafts are sponsoring my class.
I am doing a little "Holiday Trio" class where we are going to make 3 double-page layout: 1 Halloween layout, 1 Thanksgiving layout, and 1 Christmas layout.
It is going to be a fun class and you will walk away with 3 completed layouts!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Do check it out!

Have a great weekend!
gretchen

13 comments:

gimmegodiva said...

Love your stuff!!! Too cute! And my daughter would be jealous of your herbs .... she loves to cook and has asked me for an herb garden... hasn't happened yet!

And the LO of your bros is just FINE!!

Virginia said...

Gretch! Oh my goodness, love it all! Tell me more about this new Dymo- I probably need to go get it. ;)

I love how your Happiness layout turned out- that looks so awesome!

Thanks for the brotherly eye candy this morning... hehe

Anonymous said...

your post about the brothers layout made me laugh out loud! too funny - and i think it looks just fine too. :)

Deanna said...

love all of it! So excited for you and your many successes!!! Couldn't be happier for you! Keep it up! :D Oh, and now Josh and I *need* to go to Boston. You're welcome to tag along! hehe!

Katie Burnett said...

Huge official congrats on KI!!! You rock the casbah. Where can I get that sheer paper?

Also, I am trying to enlarge the picture of your boston layout and I can't. How am I supposed to see it adequately if I cannot enlarge?

Lisa said...

I second Katie! It's hard to SEE the FINE-ness without enlarging! lol

The one of you (the picture V took) - awesome!!!

Just call me "B" said...

Well, I, for one, will NOT comment on the hot bros. photo, because then you would wrongly accuse me of "lusting".

So, I will give you a congrats on your KI, tell you that I love your layouts, and that I am liking that cute new pic of you!

Other than that, the rest is just piddly stuff!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

As usual, I am blown away at the sheer volume of scrapbooking you manage to produce. And it's all so wonderful! You are a machine. Can I give you some pictures of my kids and you scrap for me? Please? Oh and I've been showing everyone my MM magazine!!!!!!

Lee-Ellen said...

awesome work as always gretchen!! want me to come be your assistant at wrapper's delight - LOL

Anonymous said...

hey gretchen...

congrats on KI! you're the bestest! love your pages.

wrappers delight sounds fun, especially since i got the email that it was going to be just like bamascrapblast...that was my beginning...

TanishaRenee said...

I love how you used the KI sheer- WTG on making the DT there! Awesome LOs- love the way you use the MLS stuff!

Amy Wing said...

Congrats on the KI gig, Gretchen! Their stuff is so much fun to work with.