Saturday, April 25, 2009

Star sightings

I will admit that when I signed up for the Country Music 1/2 Marathon in Nashville I secretly hoped to run into some famous people.
{pun intended}
I hear that lots of country music people are runners!
{well maybe not "lots" but several!}
_____________________________________________________________
And look who I found first!
It is the Social Queen of Samford!
{aka Brooke Elder my college roommate}
Seriously, this girl knew everybody at school and we barely made it to our corral in time today for her stopping to talk to 1/2 of Nashville.
But we did make it finally and then Brooke rocked her first 1/2 marathon!
____________________________________________________________
Look!
It's Dane from The Biggest Loser!
When I asked if I could take his picture he said, "If you can keep up."
{and since my legs were fresher than his because I only ran 1/2 has far as he did I most certainly kept up to get a picture}
He was nice enough to give me a wave as I yelled, "I love The Biggest Loser! You look awesome! You are doing great!"
{and then he probably turned to his wife and rolled his eyes}
:) ______________________________________________________________
Ooooh then look who I found:
The World's Cutest Running Couple!
{aka Brittney and Scott Smith}{my heros who did the whole marathon!}
Brittney was even nice enough to take a picture in midstride with this adoring fan!
All this running and celebrity sighting has worn me out!
Good night!
gretchen

4 comments:

Just call me "B" said...

You know you are one funny girl!

susanv said...

I have been reading your blog for a while and I was shocked to see a photo of Brooke Elder ... b/c you guessed it ... I know her too! We go to church together and we have several mutual friends from Samford (mine from Law School and hers from undergrad). I actually found your blog via Molly Bridges that I met through another scrapbook buddy. It truly is a small world!

mary h. said...

Love it!

Unknown said...

What fun!