Tuesday, November 16, 2010

a little free PT

no co-pay.
no insurance.
no appointment.
just a little advice.
because so many girls I know have taken up running.
and I love it!
but running can be hard on the body.
too many people experience real injuries or at least aches & pains with the pounding of the pavement.
{and i do mean pounding!}
the stronger your muscles are around your knees, the less pounding your joints will have to take as the muscles absorb some of that!
so here are a few basic exercises I think are a must if you run.
they are simple.
and require no equipment.

but your knees will thank you later!
happy running!!


Virginia said...

Does Lee know you're posting dirty things on your blog?


Jennifer said...

Thanks for the tips! :)

Luv2talk said...

So, basically you are telling me I have to EXERCISE so I can be in shape to EXERCISE!!

It's just not fair!!!

Yes, more advice I know is good for me but not likely to actually follow ;)

Gretchen said...

i know, i know...it's not fair. but just think of it like extending your workout for about 5 minutes!

Christi said...

I know this is a really old blog post but thank you for posting it. I recently started running and my left knee is achy the day after. I'm going to put your suggestions in action.
Thank you!