Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Eat cake

Happy hump day people!!
And happy February!
{where did January go? didn't i just put up my Christmas decorations??}
****
There was a sketch challenge over at Little Yellow Bicycle in January.
I loved the sketch!

And since I had a bunch of Cupcake Love that I had not used yet, I decided to play along!

I know I have already scrapped my birthday but I really felt the cake deserved a layout all its own!
It was really hard to not add a banner to that page...since I want to add them to everything lately!
I am quite proud of myself for breaking away from the sketch & resisting this time!
{it probably won't happen again!}
****
And since it is a new month, that means a new Midnight Rooster kit is about to make its debut!
I have been a scrappin' fool with it too!
:)

The full reveal will be next week!
Stay tuned!
****
Have a good one!
:)

P.S.
Is anyone excited that it is national signing day today?
The way my husband has been talking about it I thought it might be a federal holiday.
I even checked my schedule to see if I had to go to work.
I do.
:)

gretchen

6 comments:

Katie Burnett said...

I love you, you scrappin fool!

Maggie Lamarre said...

so cute..
Luv it...
Don't forget to link it in our linking party this week.

http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/fun-ideas-for-valentine-day-2011be.html

Liz said...

Gretchen - this is such a fabulous page about your cake. Way to resist the banner - I struggle with it too - LOL. However - will be a banner on my next sketch too. Good luck with the votes at LYB :) You are going to love Twig.

Sabr said...

such a cute cupcake page!!

Shellye McDaniel said...

Cute...n' sweet!

Susan said...

Super sweet layout!!