Thursday, June 14, 2012

Father's Day cards

Father's day is this Sunday!
You still have time to make a card and get it in the mail!
Or make a card and take it with you when you go see your dad!
*****
Today was all about Father's Day cards over on the Bella Blvd blog.
So I made a couple!
 You know, sometimes it is hard to make a manly card that won't make a guy cringe! 
:) 
Naturally I wanted to use pink & purple flowers on these cards!
Instead, I reached for the "Making the Team" line when I started these Father's Day cards.
 With lots of reds, blues, and greens in this line, surely I could come up with something masculine!
Throw in some stars (my go-to manly embellishment for sure!) and I was set! 


On both of these cards I used Bazzill's Card Shoppe cardstock as the base of the card.
Also I added a greeting on the inside of both to coordinate with the outside of each card.


I dug a little deeper into my Bella Blvd stash to make this next card.
I pulled out one of Bella Blvd's first "boyish" lines called "Super Stud".
It's an oldie but goodie!
And I thought the "anybody can be cool but awesome takes practice" sticker would make for a fun masculine card.
 My dad would surely chuckle at that!



Now hurry up!

Go make a card!!
:)
gretchen

No comments: