Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A new leaf!

I have to admit that I have not ever been much of a decorator for Halloween.
{sorry Virg}
I always have good intentions but for some reason never get around to it.
But I am turning over a new leaf!
{I feel like that expression is appropriate seeing how it is fall}
This year is different!
I have made a few candles, bought a few Halloween-y trinkets to put around the house, and made this!
****
IT'S NOT HERE
BECAUSE
IT IS BEING PUBLISHED!!
BE BACK SOON
****
Supplies: Patterned paper (My Mind's Eye), Die cuts (My Mind's Eye, Making Memories), Bling (Heidi Swapp), Jump rings (Junkitz), Ribbon (American Crafts, Basic Grey), Die cut frames (Sizzix), silver Stickles, staples, silver spray paint
I recycled an old box to use as the background for a few of the letters.
And I cut the frames using my old faithful Sizzix machine & adhered the letters to the back so it hopefully looks like they are kind of "floating" there.
Stickles are fun!
I haven't really used them too much before now.
I am so proud of my Halloween decor!
{hehehe}
Now I think I need to make a sign for the front door that says "good candy served here".
Oh, we always have the good stuff at my house!
:)
Happy Tuesday!
gretchen

3 comments:

Virginia said...

You made me one, right? ;)

See, now you know why I dig the Halloween decor. It's ADDICTING, I tell ya! Oh sure, you start with a few little things here and there, and before you know it, you're "that lady" with "all the spooky stuff." (Or "that lady, you know the crazy one." That's the category I fall into.)

I love it. And yes, stickles are fun indeed. Another addiction.

Haley said...

This is so darling! Halloween decor is a blast...you think you like it now...wait till next year! It always gets better. :-)

hehe!

Lisa said...

That is so cute! It looks great!! and yes, you'll be hooked now - Halloween decor is too fun!!