Monday, October 5, 2009

Using my stash

I have to admit that my heart broke a little bit when I heard that Elsie & KI Memories parted ways & they would not be making
Love, Elsie stuff anymore.
I have always had a small-ish {ok maybe it is not so small} scrapbooking crush on Elsie & I love her funky products.
I immediately went into hoarding mode.
I knew that every product I used was one less I would have to use later.
But all this stuff {and I have a bunch of it...like everything they made} is taking up a lot of space in my scraproom & goodness knows that I cannot get rid of it or give it away...ever.
So that means I have to use it.
As painful as it is to cut it up, tear it up, and stick it down, I feel that this is the best way to handle the situation.
Here is my first attempt.
_____________
**removed for publication**
**be back later**
____________
{click on it to see it bigger}
Supplies: Cardstock (Prism), Patterned paper (Love, Elsie for KI Memories), Bling (Heidi Swapp), Chipboard letters (Cosmo Cricket)
So there you have it.
I used 1.25 sheets of my massive stack of Love, Elsie patterned paper.
But I am officially using my stash nonetheless.
{for now at least...i am subject to go into hoarding mode again at any time}
_______________________________________________
On a different note, does anybody have a use for or just want a bunch of old-ish scrapbooking magazines??
I don't mean from like 1985 or anything.
Most of the ones I still have are from 2008-09.
And I have a bunch of them too.
Anybody want these or know what I can do with them?
:)
Happy Monday night!
gretchen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you could donate them to the next charity crop in you community. they could put one on everyone's table. (that's what we do with ours)

Nat said...

You could send them to the troups. too bad i can't say i want them, since i problably have ALL of them already. but if you have something other than CK, SS, or Scrapbooks ETC I'd love it.

I work on a large AFB in Georgia, and I work with Hearts for Hero's - i can get you the info if you would like to mail them over to us. ngoddard at cox.net

Karen said...

i have a bunch of old mags too...wondering the same thing. what to do with them??

Anonymous said...

the library may want them and/or sell them. I know up north where I use to live they still sell them for like 5/$1.00. I send mine to my sister who gives them to the library. Good Luck

Just call me "B" said...

Super cute layout!