Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend update

{obviously a day late but better late than never}
One.
I ran in Ridgeland, MS this past Saturday.
13.1 miles
It was a very nice course until about mile 11 when it took an upward turn for at least a mile.
{I am not exaggerating! And my quads are still burning!}
Thankfully David and Stuart had jumped in {bandits!!} at mile 8 to run the rest of the way with me.
Without them pushing me {and David pestering me with "You can do it. You are almost there. Pick it up a little or you won't make it"}, I probably would not have made it under my 2 hour goal.
Yessssssss!

{next goal: under 1:57 which is what I ran in PT school}

Two.
After the race I stayed and hung out with these 2 nuts.

Almost 38 years of marriage and sometimes they still act like kids.

Three.
I am currently obsessed with Kelly Clarkson's new CD.
More specifically, I am obsessed with "Already Gone".
It may sound kind of like "Halo" but it's better.
I might have listened to it on repeat for an hour on the way home.

Four.
Have you gotten the latest Paper Crafts?
I've got a couple of cards in there.

Supplies: Kraft cardstock (DMC, Inc.), Patterned paper (KI Memories), Chipboard alphas (Basic Grey), Brads (KI Memories), Flower (Prima), Chipboard button (KI Memories)

Supplies: Cardstock (Bazzill), Patterned paper (KI Memories), Brads (KI Memories), Alphabet stickers (Pink Paislee), Chipboard flower (KI Memories), Border stickers (KI Memories)

Five.
What about the November CK?
Got that one yet?
This layout is in there.

Supplies: Patterned paper (KI Memories), Alphabet stickers (Making Memories, American Crafts), Brads (KI Memories), Chipboard embellishments (Making Memories), Rub-on journaling block (Hambly), Ribbon (Offray)

Six.
I am feeling the need to do something crafty.
I think I will work on the latest challenges on the My Mind's Eye and American Crafts blogs.

Seven.
Loving this cooler weather!
I was sporting new sweaters all weekend!

And that, my friends, is the update.
Hope your Monday was a good one!
:)
gretchen

3 comments:

Deanna said...

wonderful update! love that pic of your parents! WTG on meeting your goal AND all those pubs! Maybe I'll see ya soon! ;) ;) ;)

Ania said...

Oh Im obsessed with Kelly Clarksons latest too! And slightly embarassed to admit so! :P She actually blogged/posted about "Already gone" (which I by the way also love and think is better than Halo :p)....it has the same producer/creator as Halo...and she's a bit miffed that the producer actually did two similar-sounding songs and did not let her know about it in advance until it was too late... ohwell! :)

Katie Burnett said...

congrats on the half!!! You are my running idol. Gorgeous cards and layout as well. I need 2 start doing some challenges with you.