Wednesday, February 3, 2010

13.1

I've got a new project.
I am working on a "13.1" album.
It's purpose is to be a compilation of all my 1/2 marathons.
I am going to use a 6x6 MOD album from American Crafts.
I just happen to have 1,000 of them leftover from the
Scrap Etc. event a couple years ago.
{ok not really 1,000 but I do have 5-6 samples of my class album & what do i need all those for?? one of them is about take on a new identity!}
I am not really worrying about any cohesiveness in this album.
I am fine with each page being different.
Just want to have all this compiled in one place.
And doing a 6x6 album will keep it simple.
Nothing fancy here.
Just fun memories.
It will be fun to look back years from now when I am sitting in my recliner with my knee replacements & see what I have accomplished.
___________________________________
Here's what I've got so far...
{Country Music 1/2 in Nashville last April}
Supplies: Patterned paper, scalloped die cut paper (My Little Shoebox),
Brads (American Crafts)

{MS Blues 1/2 in Jackson, MS earlier this month}
Supplies: Patterned paper, transparency numbers,
chipboard letters (My Little Shoebox)

{Seaside 1/2 last March...it was NOT AT ALL beach weather!}
Supplies: Patterned paper, Thickers (American Crafts),
Chipboard letters (Basic Grey)

{Rocket City 1/2 in Huntsville back in 2007}
Supplies: Patterned paper, die cut border,
transparency (My Little Shoebox), Brads (KI Memories)
______________________________________________________________

Off to a good start but I've still got some work to do.
And more miles to run!
:)
Happy hump day!
gretchen

6 comments:

Linh C. said...

What a GREAT project! And I love the pages you've already made. :)

Jeannie said...

does it freak you out that i recognized you in this video before you introduced yourself?! I feel like a stalker. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k03ckMa7qsA

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

these are fab gretchen! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

lillykin77 said...

I want to run a marathon but I've never been a runner. I always lost the races at school and my nick name was bull dog because I look like one when I run...LOL.

Off topic..I am in need of a massage therapist who is covered by my insurance. It's different here in the US than in Canada and I thought being a physical therapist you might be able to lead me in the right direction. Do you do that type of work along with physical therapy or know of someone who does. The massages are to alleviate the pain from an car accident I was in a few years ago.

Keep running!! Perhaps I'll get running someday.
Kelly

*reyanna* said...

Oh, what a great idea! Can't wait to see more if it. Looks fabulous already! :)

Gretchen said...

Kelly, as a physical therapist i do some massage. it is not "massage therapy" technically. we prefer to call it "soft tissue mobilization". but it is the same thing. i do it in conjuction with other treatments like ultrasound, electrical stim with ice or heat, and exercise depending on what the patients needs. treatment by a physical therapist is usually covered by insurance depending on your plan. i am not aware of massage therapy being covered by insurance but depending on your your plan, it might be. call your insurance company and see what all your plan covers. if massage therapy is not covered, go see a physical therapist. or come to Alabama! :)