Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wanna make a gift card holder with me??

Somebody emailed me a while back when I made this gift card holder to ask me if there was a template I used.
I know there are templates & die cut machines (I know Accucut has a good one) out there for gift card holders.
But really, it is very easy-no template needed!
And I will show you how to do it!
Supplies: My Mind's Eye Lush
___________________________________
So here goes...
Cut a sheet of patterned paper to roughly 8 inches tall x 4.5 inches wide.
{none of the measurements here need to be exact!}
Round the top 2 corners.
Then fold!
Fold the bottom up ~1.5 to 2 inches from the top of the card.
Then fold the top part down.


This is not necessary, but I did ink the edges of the card ever so slightly.
See how easy this is?!
The card part is done & now we just need to make a little sleeve-thingy to hold it together.
Cut a strip of paper ~1.5 to 2 inches wide and ~10 inches long.
Add whatever you want to embellish this strip.
On the original project above I used brown ribbon.
On this one I added a border sticker.
Fold strip around the card holder.
Adhere it together with strong adhesive and then trim off the excess.
Now you have a little sleeve-thingy that you can slide on & off the gift card holder.
But we still need to embellish this thing a little better!
Add stickers, die cuts, flowers, punches, bling as desired to get the look you want.
This is a good place to add a sentiment too!
Supplies: Patterned paper & stickers from Crate Paper Brook Collection
Voila!
It's easy peasy and a fun way to jazz up a boring gift card!
This one is going to a couple we know getting married-Target gift card inside!
:)
Happy day!!
gretchen

No comments: