Sunday, June 13, 2010

Yesterday in pictures

{with narration for your entertainment of course}
_________________________________________________________
It started with a half marathon in MS.
That's my mom & I.
And this is David, my dad, and me.
It is way too early in the morning at this point so sleepy eyes are allowed.
It was 84 degrees at the 6 AM start.
And humid.
At about mile 5 this weird fan came out of the crowd & ran with me.
But he was struggling so he didn't make it very far.
:)
Plus there was some redhead that he was more interested in anyway.
And then he emerged again at mile 12!!
This time the heat had gotten to him and he was acting a fool!
And I need a tan.
I was aiming for under 2 hours but I gave it all I had so I am satisfied.
I will say I have redeemed myself.
{for now}
You would think these things would get easier.
I am still waiting for that.
Ah, the best part of the morning!!
This is Stu, me, Dave, and the redhead {aka Ginny}.
__________________________________
Then I jumped in the car and headed home because I had a date with Lee to the Carrie Underwood concert in Birmingham.
2nd row seats were not a bad deal at all.
She has some pipes!
So you are telling me that without American Idol, she would just be some random chick in Oklahoma working a regular job and singing in church??!
No way.

She is absolutely gorgeous.
And puts on a heck of a concert!
I am not sure who likes her more...me or Lee!!
I am pretty sure those 2nd row seats weren't just coincidence.
:)
It was a long day but it was a good one for sure!!
Have a great rest of your weekend!
:)
gretchen

3 comments:

erin said...

what a fun saturday for you! congratulations on your marathon:) how funny with your bro!
i've always wanted to see carrie in concert. those were awesome seats!

Anonymous said...

She was still awesome even from the nosebleed section.

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

so fantastic! I'm glad the heat didn't get to you. sounds like a totally fun day!!!