Friday, October 18, 2013

One last hoorah

Last Friday I got to do a guest post over at Shimelle.com.
My post was about different ways to use 6x6 paper pads in your scrapbooking. 
I use 6x6 pads a lot when making cards, but I end up with lots of paper left over!
No need to let it go to waste!

Here is one of the ideas I shared over at Shimelle.com:

Layer 6x6 sheets to create a background for a layout. 
Combine a couple or several different 6x6 sheets to make the background for your scrapbook page. 
One fun thing about these pads is that all the papers usually coordinate. 
That makes it easy to use a few different sheets together on a page! On this page I used (4) 6x6 sheets: 2 sheets of the starry paper, 1 purple sheet, and 1 orange sheet. 



Supplies: 6x6 paper pad (KI Memories), Patterned paper (Bella Blvd), Chipboard (Bella Blvd), Foam alphabet (American Crafts), Stickers (Bella Blvd, My Mind’s Eye), Brads (We R Memory Keepers), Pen (American Crafts), Adhesive (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)
*****
Here are a couple detail shots of the layout...



Another tip: I used another 6x6 sheet of the purple paper to make the photo corners on this page. 
I just cut 3 of the corners off the 6x6 sheet and had 3 easy photo corners to add to the page. 
Just another way to not have to “waste” a 12x12 sheet!
*****
Happy Friday y'all!
:)
gretchen

No comments: