Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pulling myself away

Pulling myself away from New Moon, that is.
I was warned that I would not like this book as much as the first, that it was much slower.
Uh, yeah, I am about 375 pages into it and I am waiting for it to slow down.
I did not dare take it with me to work today for fear that I would be tempted to neglect patients to read the next chapter.
_____________________________________________________________
Anywoo, I better make this post count because I might get lost with the vampires again real soon.
So I get to be a guest designer for Noel Mignon this month!
{I think I have already mentioned that}
I did my first post over on her project/inspiration blog today and here is what I shared:
I got to play with the Rise & Shine kit this month!
It is packed full of goodness & some of my favorite stuff: My Minds Eye, Crate Paper, Pink Paislee, Cosmo Cricket, and Scenic Route patterned papers; great Jenni Bowlin embellies; buttons; chipboard; brads; flowers; brads; glitter; and more!
Here is a simple card using some of the My Minds Eye & Pink Paislee patterned paper, Crate Paper rub-ons, and Scenic Route chipboard.
{it has been removed for publication}

And here is a layout I made using some of the My Minds Eye and Cosmo Cricket patterned papers and Pink Paislee chipboard alphas.
{the colors in this kit scream summer to me!}

_____________________________________________________________
On another note, I entered this layout into Becky Fleck's most recent sketch contest.
{sidenote: none of the stuff on this layout actually came in the kit I received from Noel Mignon, however, it might as well have! Some of the Pink Paislee & My Minds Eye papers are the same! I guess I have been in a green/orange-y mood lately}

I did not win anything in the contest but I like how this layout turned out!
{I guess since there are no more major scrapbooking contests anymore I was needing my competition fix. hehe}
You can see the great layouts that did win in Becky's June newsletter.
_______________________________________________________________
Sorry for the randomness of this post.
It must be the vampires.
:)
gretchen

1 comment:

Michele Kovack said...

Lovin' both the card and the LO's!!!! Super cute!