Monday, October 28, 2013

Muddy Mess

Hi!
This morning I thought I would share the layout that I had up on the Creating Keepsakes blog a couple weeks ago!
*****
Have you seen the new November/December issue yet?! Well there is a fun feature in there called “Scraplift Challenge.”
In this article traditional scrapbookers are challenged to scraplift digital layouts and, in turn, digi scrappers scraplift traditional pages.
What a cool idea, right?!
So I decided to give it a whirl!
I remembered a cool layout in the
 September/October 2013 issue that I had bookmarked and decided to scraplift it.
It is the “Favorite Photos” layout by Mandi Buchanan on page 27 of the issue.
Hers is a digital Halloween layout and I loved how she lined up her photos and used white space.

Favorite Photos by Mandi Buchanan from Creating Keepsakes September/October 2013

Using her layout as inspiration, this is the
traditional layout I made:


Supplies:
Patterned paper: Elle’s Studio, Creative Memories, Simple Stories
Cardboard letters: Jillibean Soup
Chipboard embellishment: Little Yellow Bicycle
Brads: Simple Stories
Tape: Bella Blvd
Punch: Elle’s Studio
Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Font: Courier New
Pictures printed by Persnickity Prints

Of course my page turned out a bit different than the original. Obviously mine is not a Halloween layout. Hey, her design is super cool and versatile enough to use for all kinds of pages!
I am a journaler so I added some journaling to the page.
I still tried to leave a lot of white space though!
And I added my title above all the pictures instead of mixing it between the photos like Mandi did.
Scraplifting is fun because it gives you a jumping off point but then you can add your own personal touches to your page!
*****
Here are a couple detailed shots of the layout:
 



Well that was fun!
Try giving this kind of scraplifting a whirl if you ever get stumped!
And Creating Keepsakes is full of all kinds of great ideas, traditional & digital, for you to scraplift! 
Thanks for stopping by today.
Have a great one!
:)
gretchen

No comments: