Thursday, March 26, 2009

TGIF

Well I am in a much better mood now.
{for several reasons but mostly because it is almost Friday & I am working only a 1/2 day tomorrow and Meredith & Derek are engaged and I got a cute shirt from NYC from my parents and my brother-David or page 6 as many of you know him-is moving back to the South and my house is clean and, well you know, life ain't that bad}
_____________________________________________________________
Anywhooo, I posted this layout today over on the MMM blog.
I made this one based on Becky Fleck's halfmap in the March/April issue of Memory Makers.

Supplies: Patterned paper (American Crafts: red scallop, KI Memories: black & green), Chipboard alphabet (American Crafts), Chipboard embellishments (KI Memories), Brads (KI Memories), Misc (kraft paper, staples)
____________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of Memory Makers, have you seen the announcement for the 2010 {that is weird to type} Masters Contest??
Check it out here.
They have changed the rules this year with the biggest change {in my opinion} being the voting for the winners.
Well the powers-that-be at Memory Makers will narrow it down to 20 and then we, the general scrapbooking public, get to vote for who we want to see as the 10 Masters.
Now, I will admit that upon first reading the rules I was a bit disappointed with this voting thing.

However, I had an epiphany in the shower this morning {or was it yesterday?}.
Every year in the Masters contest the judges pick 10 Masters and 10 runners-up.
So basically all that is changing this year with the voting is the judges are now saying, "OK here are our winners and runners-up. Here are our best 20. Now you tell us which 10 are your favorite. You tell us which 10 you want to see featured in our magazine."
I think I am going to like the voting.
Oh and I will be casting my vote!
And I can think of a few people I would like to see as Masters next year.
So get to scrapping people!


TGIF!
gretchen

No comments: