Sunday, January 10, 2010

Windchill = 9 degrees

Actual temperature = 26 degrees
The sun never came out from behind the clouds.
There were snow flurries throughout the race.
The water & Gatorade at the water stations
along the course was more like drinking a slush.
I think I ran an entire mile with my hands in my pockets because I could not feel my pinkies despite wearing gloves.

We were wearing many, many layers of clothing.
And did not regret a single layer.
{even though Dad's battery-powered heated vest might have been a bit much}
Yet these 2 had a ball.

And I was glad to finish with all feeling still in my fingers & toes.

I think she is ready to do another one regardless of the elements.

And Dad is looking forward to buying more running gear
and gadgets to keep him warm.

Congrats to Mom & Dad on their first 1/2 marathon!
(Mississippi Blues Marathon & Half Marathon in Jackson, MS)

How was your Saturday??
I hope it was at least a bit warmer than mine!
:)
gretchen

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I knew y'all were crazy! Running in THIS weather?! Good grief! Glad it was a good time though! ;)

Katie Burnett said...

I'm impressed. I can't run in the cold. I can't run in the not cold either though.