Monday, November 23, 2009

Going rogue

Waiting in line in a dingy parking deck for 5 hours yesterday to get a wristband in order to get the chance to get a couple of books signed by Sarah Palin today was totally worth it.
{ok so Lee really stood in line for 5 hours-I cut in line
and only stood there for about 2.5 hrs...shhh!}

We got to meet her today.
I got about 8 seconds of face time with her.
She asked my name.
I told her {and correctly at that!}.
I said nice to meet you and thank you so much for being here.
She thanked me for being there.
I met both of her parents.
I saw Piper and Trigg.
Sarah and I are pretty much BFF now.
The only reason I do not have a picture with my new friend is because the mean ole security people confiscated all cameras and cell phones before you got to her.
So a picture with this cute guy will have to do.
Happy Monday to me!
:)
gretchen
_____________________________
P.S.
there is a giveaway going on over on the KI blog today but you have to check it out today because there will be a different giveaway tomorrow!

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

OMG! I'm so jealous! I so wish I could have met my girl crush. I couldn't because I was hosting a 1 yr old birthday party for my son. Was it bad I had a fleeting thought of escaping the party for a chance to meet Sarah?

PS..yes there are two Gretchens who scrapbook (but not near as well as you) and is a NASCAR fan (and a Dale Jr fan too!) in ALABAMA! What are the odds?

Nubia said...

I would have like to gone to but I a not a waiting in line kinda person. Saw you on the news though. You looked good!

Katie Burnett said...

You sounded awesome on the radio too! Great pic. Can't wait to see how you scrap it.

c bertram said...

Whoa, you go, girl! And you were also heard on the radio and seen on the news. What a day! Wish I was a local...