Friday, November 6, 2009

Soapbox

I am getting on mine for a second.

1.
If you have lived in Alabama {or the South for that matter} for even a small amount of time you should know better than to plan your wedding on a Saturday during the months of September, October, & November.
{and not on the first Saturday in December either}
Seriously.
I know that your wedding is bigger than a mere football game.
So there are 9 other months in which you can plan yours.
We got married on a Sunday.
Everyone was happy. All our friends in the wedding still like us.

{All that to say that we will not be able to watch the highly touted match up between Alabama and LSU tomorrow because we will be at a wedding. Kick off is at 2:30. The bride walks down the aisle at 2:30. I have tried on several outfits with my lucky Bama shirt but I just can't make it work as wedding attire. So you can totally blame the McElveens if Alabama does not win. I am thinking positively but you know what happened last year.}

2.
If you are getting married on a Saturday, do not wait until the Friday before to get the wedding band.
Your friends who always come through {like my husband} would rather not spend a beautiful afternoon trouncing around all over town finding a wedding band for you when you should have taken care of that looooong ago.
If you end up with an ugly pewter one, don't blame us.
Get it yourself next time.

Dismount from soap box.
{don't worry, I will be back & in a better mood later}
:)
gretchen

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm totally with you! I had mine on a Sunday afternoon. I planned it for Clemson's bye week so that there was NO CONFLICT! I lucked out b/c Alabama and Auburn were away games that week, so no one had to give up their tickets!!!

Just pack your lucky shirt in your purse...no one has to know. :D

Linh C. said...

GEAUX TIGERS!

hehehe

I just want a good game. Really! :)

Amy L said...

I'll be at the game, so I'll yell a cheer for you! I really feel for you.

Katie Burnett said...

Roll Bama!
Don't forget that you were actually in LV for the first game and we won. So, I think you are in the clear. I realize you were wearing the shirt but it was a little different than the norm so I think its proof positive that it's not all on your shoulders.

Gretchen said...

a voice of reason you always are Katie!

Christina Nunez said...

Hey! I'm getting married on the first Saturday of December. :P No, wait, the 12th is the second Saturday, so I guess I'm safe. :D I'm not too sure if he would even show up if it was on a football day...

Julia said...

Love the shoes, Gretchen! I must confess--we got married on December 2, the first Saturday in December.... However, the ceremony was at 7pm...so our guests gathered in the downstairs tv room at the hotel and watched the Alabama-Auburn game in the afternoon (this was before the SEC changed the schedule)...so we killed two birds with one stone -- a built-in football-watching party and wedding all in one! Of course, we were lucky that the tv schedule cooperated... :)