Tuesday, January 20, 2009

For your entertainment

For all you scrapbookers out there, was there any one thing that really sold you on the hobby?
Or was there anything that helped define you as a scrapbooker?
For me it was this magazine/idea book.
This was my first idea book purchase ever.
And I developed a major scrapbooking crush on Becky Higgins.
(But who doesn't have one, right?!)
I think I have used every sketch in this magazine at least one time.
It might have been the best $14.95 I have ever spent.
_______________________________________________________________
So for your entertainment I thought I would share just a few of the layouts I made based on sketches from this book.
(Really, I was organizing pictures on my computer earlier and came across these old layouts of mine. I was entertained by them so I thought I would give you a chuckle also)
**Disclaimer: These layouts are well over 4 years old. Handle with care.**
_______________________________________________________________
Let's see, here's Lee playing in a baseball league.
I loved those Making Memories foam stamps that are used for the title here. I think I used them on every layout for a year. Seriously.
_______________________________________________________________
Rockin' the Dymo here!
I loved these Making Memories rub-ons too.


_______________________________________________________________
See, I knew my card-holder layout was not original!
Becky is smarter than me.


I see that my love for brads has withstood the test of time.
_______________________________________________________________
OK this one is getting a little bit better.
It is from my cute sister-in-law's lingerie shower.

_______________________________________________________________
But to redeem myself, here are a few relatively recent ones that I submitted to CK.
If only they could see into my heart and know how much I love these sketches, they might finally publish one of mine.



I still have that original Sketches book.
And the 2nd one.

Stop laughing at me.

Have a great night.
gretchen


5 for 5...count it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe it! how many days have you posted in a row now? just kidding. love the layouts!

jenney said...

Wow!!! Is this considered a miracle or phenomenon? =)

Unknown said...

That is a great book...I may have to pull it out! Love your pages!

Linh C. said...

See, you have a lot to blog about. Even if you don't write anything, we'd be happy with just your layouts, even the "old" ones!

melita said...

love it! i am a sketch fiend too! hmmm...wonder why everyone is giving you a hard time about posting so often...=)

Anonymous said...

You are so very funny. LOVE the old layouts. Love 'em.