Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Moving on

OK now that we have established that I am not a speller, let's move on to more interesting and important things.
__________________________________________________
On Saturday I leave to go to the happiest place on earth.
On Sunday Brittney and I (and B's husband but he will be way ahead of us!) will be running around that happiest place on earth.
B said she heard it was called the "26 Most Magical Miles on Earth".
However, if you look closely you will see an ugly hairpin turn along miles 20-21.
Yeah, that area=NOT so magical!!!!!!!!
But then not long after that, we will be hit MGM (it will always be MGM to me) and then Epcot...much better and definitely magical!!!!
The most magical place of all=finish line, baby!
_________________________________________________
In scrappy news, if you are around Birmingham on Saturday, Jan 24th, you must check out Katie's Use your Scraps class.
It is from 10-12:00 noon and it is only $10.
You will make 3 12x12 layouts and 2 cards.
(I stole these sneak peeks from Katie's blog)

I saw a few of the projects that Katie made for the class and I tell ya-she can rock the scraps like no other!!!!
Be sure you check it out if you can!
Contact Katie at katie@scrapetc.com if you have questions.
Call the store at (205) 985-9323 to sign up!
__________________________________________________
Speaking of Katie...she tagged me with this little quiz.
I can only answer each question with one word.
Here goes:
1. Where is your cell phone? charging
2. Where is your significant other? work
3. Your hair color? brown
4. Your mother? creative
5. Your father? wise
6. Your favorite thing? Lee
7. Your dream last night? running
8. Your dream/goal? success
9. The room you're in? bedroom
10. Your hobby? scrapping
11. Your fear? snakes
12. Where do you want to be in six years? content
13. Where were you last night? Habeneros (sp??)
14. What you're not? patient
15. One of your wish list items? car
16. Where you grew up? Mississippi
17. The last thing you did? work
18. What are you wearing? sweater
19. Your TV? "Friends"
20. Your pet? Shada
21. Your computer? Dell
22. Your mood? tired
23. Missing someone? yeah
24. Your car? ghetto
25. Something you're not wearing? watch
26. Favorite store? scrapbooking
27. Your Summer? fine
28. Love someone? yes
29. Your favorite color? red
30. When is the last time you laughed? today
31. Last time you cried? Christmas
___________________________________________________

And in one more piece of scrappy news...to redeem myself after the terrible misspelling, I made another layout using The Scrapbooker's Creativity Kit.
I posted this over on the MMM blog also but thought I would share it here and brag about all the correctly spelled words on this one.

(my word was "escape" and my colors were blue & green)
____________________________________________________
Happy hump day!
gretchen

3 comments:

Katie Burnett said...

thanx for the kind words G. Best of luck in the big race. Love that page!!! It's one of my all time favs.

Michelle Whitlow said...

SO jealous!! I love Disney :) Good luck...and BTW, it will always be MGM to me, too!

Anonymous said...

enjoy your trip! and happy running.. i'll be thinking of ya! :)