Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dear Dale Earnhardt Jr.,

Well, another Sunday has passed. And once again I am heart-broken. You know it was a good day for you, running in the top 10 for most of it. Then ~40 laps to go and your engine goes. That rarely happens to Hendrick engines, yet still you do not complain. And I want to thank you for that.

Thank you for showing up with a good attitude each and every week even though this one has been maybe your toughest year yet.
Thank you for taking in stride all the pressure that has been put upon you.
Thank you for not making as a** of yourself when you are not winning the way some people (coughcoughfreakingKyleBuschcoughcough) do even when they are winning.
Thank you for taking the blame.
Thank you for not over and over again ratting out someone else when you get caught up in a bit of bad luck.
Thank you for not whining.
Thank you for just showing up.

I will continue to cheer you on every weekend.
I will continue to schedule my activities around the race so I can watch the entire thing.
I will continue to yell {and maybe cuss} at anyone who wrecks you.
I will continue to cheer against {and maybe cuss} anyone who has wrecked you in the past.
And I will be looking forward to next year.

Because this year, heart cannot take too much more of this.

Your {still} loyal fan,
Gretchen

{its an older layout but I figured it was appropriate in light of the post}

5 comments:

bethchien said...

cuuuute layout!!

Ginny said...

Gretchen, we are on the same wave length. It's soooo good to finally find someone else who really understands what's important. I've got a Nascar Nut page sketched out & am just waiting for Junior to win so I'll have the "perfect" photo.

bethchien said...

Yes, we sooo got a picture. I actually have a couple of cute ones of you and me. That is why SIS part 2 is going to come out soon! lol I am sooo not lying! I have so many more cute pics that I have to put in an album!! :D

HoweverAlthough said...

I love you, but you ain't right.

rakeback said...

I think Dale Jr. is the most overrated sports figure. The man has never even contended for a championship, and once again he didnt even make the chase. He is covered solely on the basis of who his father is.