Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Freehand Scraps!

Sweet Heidi from Freehand Scraps asked me to play with her July kit.
And play I did!
This is such a fun kit full of Cosmo Cricket, Sassafras Lass, Pink Paislee, and a variety of fun embellishments & extras.
And this is what I made...
This is my Grams {she is my dad's mother}.
She is about 4 feet tall {ok she is a bit taller than that} and sweet as she can be.
I took these pictures of her on the day of Daddy Bill's funeral {that's her husband}.
She was giving away to her great grandkids some of the wooden animals that Daddy Bill was famous for making.
Journaling reads:
To the rest of us they were just silly wooden animals and bad Christmas presents.
To Grams they are little souvenirs of his handiwork.
Her perspective is better.
{insert lump in throat}
This next one is a layout about the Misner side of my family.
It's a little update on everybody right now.
This is another picture from Daddy Bill's funeral and the quote in the bottom right corner was taken from the program at his funeral.
Have I mentioned before that we have fish?
Yep, Lee takes great pride in his saltwater aquarium & the kids in the neighborhood love our little Nemos {who apparently may be immortal}!
Here's one of my crazy brothers in New York City.
{who would have thought this Sassafras paper would have worked so well with a picture of Times Square!??}
And a quickie card!
Be sure to check out what the rest of the team has done with this kit here and go get one for yourself!
Have a great day!
:)
gretchen

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Girl, ya gotta warn a person when you post tearjerker layouts like that one about your Grams and the wooden animals. *sob!*

Love all the creations, of course!

Holly said...

loving all your layouts...they are great! especially the NYC Lo. I already ordered my kit and I hope it will be in my hands soon! Thanks for sharing.

Heidi Stork said...

Thanks for the Freehand love on your blog! We loved having you guest design for us...we hope to have you again soon! Your work is beautiful!

Heidi

Leah said...

Great pages! I really love the Times Square page!