Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Go figure

I just ran 4 1/2 miles.
And felt great.
Probably could have gone farther. Probably should have.
I ate crappy leftovers for lunch and drank a Dr. Pepper when I got back to work.
Then I ate a bag of peanut M&Ms about 3:00.
Yesterday, on the other hand, I ate a sandwich, a little popcorn, a few pickles slices, and a handful of baby carrots.
And drank water all day.
I struggled to do 3 miles.
Go figure.
Anybody got an explanation for this?
Because I am starting to think this healthy eating crap is for the birds.
:)
_____________________________________________________________
Anybody out there doing Running with Scissors??
I know there are a few of you burning up the road!!{coughcoughJannacoughPamcoughcoughNubiacoughcough}
And I am proud of you!
So if you are doing it, let me know how it is going!
_____________________________________________________________
It only seems fitting to leave you with a running layout.
This one is one I did awhile back about last year's Disney marathon.
Supplies: Patterned paper (Scenic Route, KI Memories), Brads & number stickers (American Crafts)
Happy day!
:)
gretchen

4 comments:

Nubia said...

burning up the road or burning up my legs... that is the really question

pam8030 said...

I actually ran over 6 minutes today without stopping to walk! That is huge for me. Saturday I add to my distance so I think I will be up to 3 miles in about 3 weeks. After that, I will start working on my speed. Right now, I don't think I run any faster than I walk. lol

Pam

Nancy Holley said...

okay so I was coming to Running with Scissors UNTIL my crazy husband went and got tickets for the FL vs LSU game in Baton Rouge as a surprise for my birthday! So even though that is cool I was already training for this whole running thing and was really stoked and now I am NOT running! So I went on Disney's website to register for the half-marathon (that is already full and is no longer taking folks by the way) and my husband says "that is when we'll be in Pasadena for the Rose Bowl!!" so there you have it my excuse -- the Gators play great football!! What else can I say! :-)

Shelley Burkett said...

Haven't signed up yet, but I am planning on it. Of course, I can't run 500 yards yet, but I plan to start a little training program with my runner-cousin, Ayla. She says she can whip me into shape by November :)