Friday, July 17, 2009

Lotus Paperie Challenge #133

The challenge for this week at Lotus Paperie is to "scrap a blurry or crappy photo".
Easy! I have lots of these!
:)
As I was looking through pictures on my computer, I came across this picture of my Grams & I.
This picture was taken on the day of my grandfather's funeral.
And I remember exactly what I was thinking when I handed the camera off and asked my cousin to take our picture.
After I learned that Daddy Bill had died, I started looking through the few old family pictures I have at my house.
I found no pictures of Daddy Bill and I together.
After the funeral I sat in my grandparents' house looking through albums & albums of pictures that Daddy Bill had taken over the years.
Still I found no pictures of Daddy Bill and I.
And I was very disappointed.
So I wanted to make sure that I got a picture of Grams & I together.
I do not want to look back later and wish I had more pictures of her also.
It was spur of the moment, it's a bit yellow, and Grams isn't even looking at the camera but at least I have a recent picture of us together.

And a little editing can salvage almost any picture!
I used a little free action from the Pioneer Woman and changed the pic to black & white.
{which does make a crummy picture look a lot better!}

And then I made this layout.
No formal title on this one but I think I will just call it "Me & Grams".
:)
_____________________________
OOPSY!
I'VE BEEN REMOVED BECAUSE I AM
BEING PUBLISHED!
BE BACK SOON!
______________________________
Supplies: Cardstock (My Mind's Eye-blue, Wausau-tan), Patterned papers (October Afternoon), Brad & Journaling pen (American Crafts)
Thanks for looking!
Check out the Lotus Paperie blog to see what amazing layouts the girls made with their crappy pictures.
:)
Have a great weekend!
gretchen

3 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

What a sweet photo of you and your grandmother. I love the hearts on the layout.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think it's a beautiful and not crappy at all pic. Love the LO too :)

jenney said...

Awesome layout, girl!