Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I've got some explaining to do

So I made this layout for this week's challenge on the American Crafts blog.
The challenge is to scrap something inspired by music.
These old polaroids that Lee & I took one night back in college are not the best pictures {you see the double chin, don't you??!}.
However, I have been wanting to scrap them and this challenge was just what I needed.
Supplies: Patterned paper, brads, pen, & alphabet stickers (all American Crafts)

But as I wrote out the line about "sitting in Lee's car down by the tennis courts" I thought to myself, "If I post this, everybody is going to think we were down there making out."
Well let me explain a few things to you dirty-minded people.
Samford is a small Baptist university and there are some silly rules.
I mean, there are no curfews or dress codes, but there are a few rules that some people would probably think pretty strict for college kids.
One such rule involves "closed dorms".
That means no boys in the girls dorms and no girls in the boys dorms.
In light of this rule, what are a cute little boy and sweet little girl to do after they get back from a night on the town but don't want to go their separate ways quite yet??
Well many nights it meant walking around campus or sitting on the quad or in the bleachers at the baseball field or hanging out in the 24 hour computer lab {we were sooo crazy!} or, when temperatures were extreme outside, sitting in the car down by the tennis courts which were actually right in front of my dorm room.
So there, my conscience is clear.
:)
gretchen

4 comments:

Just call me "B" said...

Honest confession is good for the soul!

Fabi Moraes said...

so what if you were making out??? What else are you supposed to do while in college? LOL!

Lydia said...

What a wonderful Layout, love the easy on the eye composition and the heartfelt journalling

jenney said...

Ah, the good ole days of closed dorms. Greg and I had to get pretty creative too. Gotta love Samford!! =)