Monday, July 27, 2009

Twilighter

This is my latest addition to the KI gallery.
It is based on Celeste Smith's challenge to scrap a hybrid layout.
I thought this would be good practice for me since my digi skills are soooo lacking!
And since KI has some fun new digital stuff, I thought I should definitely give it a whirl.
If I counted from the time I started playing/printing some of the digi stuff to the time I actually completed the layout, I am pretty sure this layout would set my record for time it took to complete a layout.
It had to have been hours!
And I printed out so much stuff!
I printed papers and tags and embellishments.
I printed stuff in their original colors and then changed the colors and printed them again.
I printed stuff in different sizes, etc., etc.
And all I ended up using was that round scalloped embellishment and those strips of scribbly paper near the bottom there.
But, hey, it is still officially a hybrid layout.
And I got lots of good practice.
:)
_____________________________________________________________
In addition to printing out a bunch of KI digi stuff this weekend, I also worked on my layout class for the Sweet Memories Birthday Bash in August.
{if you are in the area, sign up and come scrap with us for the weekend!}
Here are some sneak peeks of a few of the layouts we will be making.

Hope your Monday was a good one!
:)
gretchen

7 comments:

Nubia said...

All I have to say is WE TOLD YOU SO!

Deanna said...

Woohoo!! You're a twilighter! hehehe! And for the record, you're one ahead of me in the digi category.

Jeannie said...

aw so cute gretchen. :)

bethchien said...

ooooo I love that twilight layout! That is gorgeous!!
And the sneaks look awesome, too!
Hope you are having a great week!
B

carpediem said...

Hi Gretchen! I've been away from my computer for a few days and just found out that I won your blog giveaway! How wonderful! Can't seem to locate your email address on your blog but I'll keep looking around for it!! In the meantime here's my email : ljseki at hotmail dot com

Thanks!!!!

erin y said...

hi gretchen:)
just met some lovely ladies from GA, during the show, and they are very excited to have you come teach for them!
your work was admired by many many many!!!
blessings.
erin

Kelly said...

Hey Gretchen. Name is Kelly & I work for Erin @ Sweet Memories. I'm so excited I finally get to meet you in August at the Birthday Bash! I have heard so much about you from a few lovely ladies at CHA last week. All I can say, they speak very highly of you. Love your work and very excited to see what you have in store for us. See ya next week :)